Wednesday, August 6, 2008

But What I Really Want To Do Is Direct



It seems a few of my photo colleagues have diversified into moving pictures.  As photographers, they should already know something about lighting and composition.  Combine that with the relative ease of editing through free software like iMovie and just about any geek can become Steven Spielberg.

The other side of the coin is that with both visual and audible creativity comes the ability to seriously annoy viewers if things aren't handled with taste.  (Anyone who doesn't understand this should watch a few minutes of cable TV advertising.)

I have had a few clients inquire about producing videos and figure it's a perfect time to see if I know a good movie from a hole in the ground.  With this in mind, I've been up late, experimenting with iMovie.

If you have eight minutes, please watch my first iMovie, a montage of still images from our recent shoot in Mexico.  There's a music track so make sure your volume isn't too high or too low.

Any feedback is appreciated.  Since each of my blog posts usually produces an emailed comment or two, I'm sure someone can tell me if I've acheived cinematic greatness or just another screen saver.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Some very nice work there.

Care to share any technical details of the shoot? Lighting, crew etc. How many shots do you do in a week - gross and net edited?

Keep up the good work.

your privacy is respected